I Love My Aunt Jess

October 30, 2012


And I must say I feel good, physically and mentally refreshed, to have had this day with babies after weeks of seeing and talking to people in the office, in the house of hospitality, at the retreat house, writing, answering letters, going to meetings. It is living, not just talking about it. Dorothy Day


None of my three sisters were lucky enough to be powered residents of 20171. Diane and Kathleen retreated to the bright lights of big city Herndon. (If you’ve been to Gainesville & Lovettsville, you’ll agree that’s not an exaggeration.) So our dramatic goodbyes after Saturday’s birthday celebration proved premature. But there’s something special about spontaneous family gatherings- no food to prepare, no gifts to purchase, no expectations, no fuss. Just hanging out, playing with the kids, enjoying the bright-side of a power failure. Lauren, you were missed!



1 comment: